Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Bóthar na Naomh (Cloone) Adventure Duathlon 2019
Aug 3 at 8:00 am - 2:00 pm€10 – €45
We’re back again in 2019 for the 7th year of our adventure Duathlon. As past compeitors will confirm, this is a duathlon race with a difference – both fun and hardship are guaranteed! We aim to provide a high standard race at a very affordable price. The race aims to attract beginner to elite racers and we also cater for families with the inclusion of a 5km Trail-run and an Under 16s 5km adventure race. The U16s race was the highlight of our event in 2018, we over 60 children taking part (& we couldn’t get them off the water slide)!
All participants are also included for food and refreshments after the race and visitors have the option to eat their fill for €10.
Truly a race to challenge the most competitive athlete and the those looking to challenge themselves…and a great way to start the bank holiday weekend! Hope to see you there again this year…bring a friend as we are aiming for 150 in the main event. We are including Chipped Timing for all the races again this year – based on feedback. T-shirts for the first 100 registrations online (link here).
Event details and schedule
The timetable for the 2019 race is as follows:
8.30am – Registration will open at Cloone Community Centre
9.30am – 5km Trail Run (No Kayak)
10am – Under 16’s 5km adventure trail run (including the 1km kayak)
11am – Main Race (Individual and Team)
12pm onwards – Prize Giving as well as food and refreshments for all competitors
Trail Run and Under 16 Adventure Race:
• Trail Run: 5km adventure trail run (obstacles optional). No kayak
• Under 16: 5km adventure trail run on Bóthar na Naomh (& adjacent fields!) including the 1km kayak
Main Race Outline:
• 2.5km trail run on Bóthar na Naomh
• 20km cycle (Road cycle on public roads)
• 5km adventure trail run on Bóthar na Naomh (& adjacent fields!) including the 1km kayak
5km trail run: €15
Under 16 race: €10
Senior race: €35
Team Option: €45