Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Seven Sisters Mountain Marathon – Ireland’s Toughest Marathon / Half
Jul 28 at 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Seven Sisters Mountain Trail Marathon is a 42k Race incorporating approximately 4,000m (13,000ft) of accumulative ascent; a 22k Half Marathon with 2,000m of ascent organized by Excel Sports. The terrain consists of heathery soft ground, sheep tracks, and loose stone / gravel, and follows a route similar to the Glover Trail. The route will be Marked.
The event takes place in Dunlewey, Co. Donegal. Competitors will experience Donegal at its best with magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounding counties.
There will be a 13 hr TIME LIMIT for this event. There will be a STRICT cut off for checkpoints along the way on the course. If you fail to make the checkpoint you will be sent on a lower course to the finish. This is in the interest of safety to all involved.
There is an 8 hr TIME LIMIT for this event. There will be timed checkpoints along the way. If you fail to make a checkpoint you will be sent on a lower course to the finish.
We have teamed up with Primal Tracking to introduce Live GPS tracking to the event. Both events will be tracked live! This allows family and friends to follow you throughout the race. This is also essential for Race Organisers to monitor athletes on the mountains for safety reasons. A live page will be available on race day.
A high level of fitness is recommended. Experience in off-road running and technical terrain would be beneficial. Experience of races over Half Marathon distances would be necessary to take on this challenging event.
Due to the nature of the event NO Walkers will be allowed to take part. Athletes will be required to run the course. This allows time to walk / hike the steeper sections.
Keep up to date with the event on Facebook – click here