Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Run Galway Bay 10K, Half & Full Marathon
Oct 3 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Run Galway Bay 10k, Half Marathon and Marathon is the largest multi-distance running event in Galway City with more than 4,500 participants undertaking a 10k, Half Marathon or Marathon along the shores of Galway Bay.
The 2019 event sold out in July so don’t delay in booking your place as you won’t want to miss out on the 2020 edition of this fabulous event.
The route for each race is looped and takes in the fabulous coastline of Galway Bay from The Claddagh to Salthill, Blackrock and back to an electric atmosphere at finish beside our event marquee in The Claddagh.
Choose your race then choose your pace! Don’t miss out book today to get in before the rush.
5 Reasons why you and your friends should run galway bay
Run or walk this amazing 10K or Half Marathon route which takes in the longest seaside promenade in Europe. The scenery is breathtaking with spectacular views of the Clare mountains across Galway Bay and the wild Atlantic Ocean. Come for the weekend – there is too much to see and do in just a day!
The race starts and finishes alongside the famous Claddagh Quay on the edge of Galway City. It was formerly a fishing village, just outside the old city walls and is also the home of the world famous Claddagh ring. So if romance is in the air this is the place for you.
If you are visiting for the weekend you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds as the quaint Medieval City and the vast Seaside resort of Salthill sit side by side offering a host of pubs, restaurants and plenty to do for all ages.
Perfect to do with family and friends!
The course is great for new runners who want to avoid hills and it’s even better for fast runners who are looking for a personal best!. Starting at the Claddagh, participants run along the closed road through the heart of Salthill and return on the promenade and the newly surfaced area beyond Blackrock.
Brought to you by the founders of RunIreland.com
For more information and FAQ’s log onto www.rungalwaybay.com