Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Westport Inter Company Duathlon
Westport Inter-Company Duathlon (WICD) 2019
Organiser: Allergan & Portwest
Race Director: Andy Moran
Date: April 27 at 9:00am to 11:00
Price: Individual €25 / Team €35
The inaugural Westport Inter-Company Duathlon will take place on Saturday, 27th April 2019. The Duathlon, centred around the stunning grounds of Westport House Estate, will consist of a 5k run, 18k cycle and a final 1.7k run which will start & finish at Gracy’s Bar and Bistro at “the farmyard” at Westport House.
Stage 1 is a 5k run which brings participants around the grounds of Westport House Estate, taking in a forest trail and stunning views of Westport House and gardens. On exiting the forest trail, participants will run toward the back of Hotel Westport before entering the tree-lined walled laneway in the direction of Gracy’s. The final stretch takes runners out to Golf Course road, turning left in the direction of Carrowholly for 600m before turning back into Westport House Estate via Orchard lane, and finishing at T1.
Transition will be located in the carpark at the farmyard, near Gracy’s Bar and Bistro.
Stage 2 – Cycle: Participants will collect their bikes at transition for the 18K cycle which takes cyclists out to Croagh Patrick and back via the coast road.
Stage 3 will be a 1.7k fun run which takes runners from transition out to Golf Course Road for 600m before turning left back into Westport House Estate. Old clothes are advisable as you prepare to be splashed with colour as you head down the final stretch toward the finish line. Relay team runners should aim to pick up the rest of your team en route to run the final 100meters together and cross the line as a team. The finish line will be located near Gracy’s Bar and Bistro.
Not ready to complete the entire duathlon? No problem. Just sign up as part of a 2 or 3-person relay team. Maximum team size is 3 (2 runners, 1 cyclist). The timing chip (worn on the ankle) must be handed over to your relay partner to complete the next stage of the event.
A 1.7k colour run will be open to Age 7+. This will take place at 9:05, immediately after the adult race start. (This is the same route as the adult’s final 1.7k run). While this course will be safe and well marshalled with just 600 meters on road, parents / guardians are asked to run with younger participants to ensure their safety along the course.
There is a playground on site at Gracy’s Bar & Bistro which will be open during the event. There will be face painting and other activities to help keep little ones entertained for the duration of the event.
Still feeling energetic? Why not stay around after the event and enjoy all that Westport House and Pirate Adventure Park has to offer. 10% discount for all event participants on the day. Pirate Adventure Park opens at 11:30am.
Showers are available onsite at the Caravan and Camping site and at Gracy’s Bar and Bistro.
Post-race refreshments will be served at Gracy’s Bar and Bistro from 10am.
Prize giving will take place at 10:45.