Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
The Beer Barrel Run
Jun 22, '19 at 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm€100
The Lacken Beer Barrel Run will take place on 22nd June in the beautiful North Mayo coastal village of Kilcummin, Lacken. Teams of eight must somehow carry a 72kg beer barrel along a (literally) breath-taking 8.5km coastal route. There’s one rule, the barrel must not touch the ground!
Kilcummin is best known as the scene of the famous landing in 1798 of the French General Humbert as well as its vast golden strand, rolling sand dunes and lush green fields, located on the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way in Co. Mayo. Now the local community wants to make it synonymous with one of the most demanding adventure races in Ireland.
It is up to the competitors how they carry their barrel. Only stipulations are that the carrying device must not have wheels, and your barrel must be secured to it.
This fundraising event – the first of its kind in Ireland – will take place on Saturday, June 22 at 2pm, supported by Marc Reilly, partner of J. Streicher, and will raise funds for Samaritans Ireland. Entry costs €100 for a team of 8.
For an entry form, call Chairperson, Lacken Enterprise Centre: Tony Robinson 087 9900757.