Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
The Kennedy Challenge
Jun 22 at 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is the second year of this event which received really positive feedback last year. This event is run by a local GAA club. Moneys raised are being put towards developing a track around the pitches at the club which will be available all year for walkers/runners.
Both routes on The Kennedy Challenge follow wonderfully scenic courses. The run starts at Horeswood GAA pitch. From the pitch you turn right and run towards Whitechurch village where the 6k route will be directed left and run back to the pitch . The 12k route takes you straight at Whitechurch village turning toward Dunganstown where you will run through the JFK Kennedy homestead, the ancestral home of John F Kennedy American President (The first water station is here also). After this you will continue though the countryside re-joining the 6 k route ( and another water station) and back to the pitch.
Marshals will direct you at each point and we have kilometre markers. To be honest the route is undulating! There are some hills but we hope that the our scenery will help! Based on very positive feedback from our walkers last year this year we are actively encouraging 12k walkers and to ‘Hike to the Homestead’ on the day as well.
A 4k under 16 run also takes place on the day. For this event we are escorting the U16 entrants to a alternate start point in Whitechurch and letting then run from there. Alternatively Under 16 s are welcome to walk the 6k course.
We have staggered start times so that we will finish more or less at the same time so that everyone gets the great atmosphere at the end of the race. We will have refreshments at the finish as well as prizegiving. Prizes for 1st and 2nd male and female in all races with cash prizes for 1st and 2nd in the 12k . We hope to see you on the day!
Friday 21st June
7.00-9.00 pm registration and number collection
Saturday 22nd June
3.00 pm number collection and registration
4.00 pm U16 event and 12 k walkers
5.00pm 6k run/walk and 12k run
4k run for Under 16s