Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Irish 3 Quarter Marathon
Oct 7, '18 at 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
What is the date of the race for 2018?
The Irish 3/4 Marathon will be run on Sunday, 7th October 2018 – Starting time is 10.00 am
How can I enter the event?
Name changes will be permitted for free But Only Permitted up to Monday 24th September 2018
Please do not attempt to run the race under anyone else’s number as this messes up results and often prize allocation, etc
Future Entry for this event Will Be Refused to anyone who uses someone else’s number of permits their number to be used by anyone else after 24th Sept changes deadline
What race is being held?
The race is a three-quarter-marathon – Distance is 19.664 miles or 31.646 km
Where is the Irish 3/4 Marathon Based?
Our race is based in Longwood, Enfield, Co Meath – Location & course map HERE
This is and easy 30 mins drive from M50 & M7 and 50 Mins from Athlone
PLEASE Carpool to Access Priority Parking
Cars with only 1 person will park furthest from Race HQ/ Start & Finish
From South & East access is via Enfield (Via M4 or R148) – Go west from Enfield for ~3km on R148 (Direction Kinnegad) & take right turn for Longwood (5km)
Turn left at roundabout entering village and follow signs to parking and race sign on
From West go towards Enfield on R148 from Kinnegad ( Exit M4 or M6 motorways at Kinnegad)
Take left turn at big white house ~3km after Clonard and follow road to Longwood.village
Follow signs to parking and race sign on
From North approach Longwood from Navan / Trim on R160
Go straight at roundabout entering village and follow signs to parking and race sign on
What is the route for the 2018 Irish 3/4 Marathon?
Route for the 2017 Irish 3/4 Marathon was as shown HERE
In 2018 we plan to slightly alter the start of the event to aid race and traffic management.
Start and finish will be within the GAA Grounds / Race HQ
Total climb over the 19.6 mile/ 31.6 km route is only ~88m which is approx 3/4 of the climb in DCM
When do I collect my race number?
Race sign-on for those pre-entered on-line will be on race day at race HQ between 8.15am and 9.30am.
Race sign-on will close promptly at 9:30am
Will there be race medals?
YES- Details of the 2018 Finisher Medal will be announced in due course
What is the 2018 Race Top?
For 2018 we are providing mens and ladies fit quality tees as detailed below
Please provide the correct size for somewhat tight fitting tops when you enter – If in doubt or if you like a loose fit then order a size bigger than normal please
You will need to take the size selected at sign-on as orders will have been made in accordance with this information provided by you at entry stage
If size is not suitable and you wish to change then this will be facilitated post sign-on subject to available stocks
We will also be providing an additional running accessory – Details will be announced shortly.