Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Corofin Loops – 8k and 10 Mile
Nov 7, '21 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
After a COVID enforced break in 2020, the annual Corofin Loops races are back this year!
Once again Corofin Athletic Club are offering two options, an 8k race over a very flat course, and a 10 mile race that is a little more challenging, but nothing too steep or taxing!
The 10 mile race will start at 9am with the 8k starting at 9.30am. Please note the early start, which has been chosen to take advantage of quiet roads at that time on a Sunday morning. The good news is that you should all be home well before lunchtime to enjoy the rest of your day (or soak your weary bones in a bath!!)
Race entrants for both races are asked to assemble at the local Community Centre (Dr. Duggan Hall) 15 mins prior to the start of their chosen race.
First, second and third place prizes will be awarded for men and women in each race, plus multiple age category winners. The top prizes in the 10 Mile race (men and women), are €200 cash plus a perpetual trophy, with €150 cash plus a perpetual trophy for the 8k race. These are amongst the best prizes on offer for road racing in the west.
In compliance with Athletics Ireland Covid protocols, only online registrations are permitted. Entry for the 8k race is €20 until 30th September (early bird rate) and €25 thereafter. Entry for the 10 mile race is €30 until 30th September (early bird race) and €35 thereafter.
Further details are available from our facebook page – Corofin AC or email Niamh on [email protected]
Numbers for each race are limited to 200, again in accordance with Athletic Ireland protocols.
Hope to see you there, and good to be back.