Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Run For Mary 2021
Nov 6, '21 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Venue: Peterswell Village, Co Galway
This is our 8th year running this event which has been organised in memory of our dear friend Mary Prendergast who passed away on 2nd January 2014 aged 42 years. Mary was a member of our local South Galway Athletics club and ran the Dublin City Marathon with us in 2004. Mary and Paddy got married in 2004 and were blessed to have three children Carlyn, Roslyn and Zach. Baby Zach passed away when he was only one week old on June 4th 2012. Mary was diagnosed with cancer five months after loss of her baby Zach. Her courage and dignity during her battle with breast cancer was inspiring to all who knew her.
All proceeds from this fundraising event will go to two local charities: Galway Hospice and Hand in Hand Children’s Cancer Charity. Hand in Hand is a non-profit organisation based in Galway since 2006 that supports families who are affected by childhood cancer throughout Ireland. Their aim is to alleviate some of the stress, anxiety and practical difficulties faced by families who have a child undergoing treatment for cancer, through the provision of practical (laundry, childcare, domestic cleaning and family meals) and emotional support. We are welcoming all athletes, runners, joggers and walkers of all ages and abilities to attend this memorial event.
Registration for the event can be done on Run Ireland. Please see details of race registration below! Please find and like us on Facebook & invite your friends and family www.facebook.com/Run4Mary