Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
BALLYFIN GAA 6K RUN/WALK THRU BALLYFIN DEMESNE
Jan 20, '19 at 11:30 am - 2:30 pmsee description
BALLYFIN 6K RUN/WALK
THIS EVENT IS BABY BUGGY & STROLLER FRIENDLY
*****ASSISTANCE DOGS ONLY*****
1ST MAN €100 2ND MAN €40 3RD MAN €20
1ST WOMAN €100 2ND WOMAN €40 3RD WOMAN €20
1ST JUVENILE BOY €30 & 1ST JUVENILE GIRL €30
COST: (TO BE PAID ON THE DAY):
JUVENILE (15 & UNDER) : €5
FAMILY(2 ADULTS & 2 CHILDREN): €20
CHECK IN ON THE DAY: FROM 9.30-11AM in the COMMUNITY HALL BALLYFIN
DIRECTIONS: (from Portlaoise): https://bit.ly/1RjWXiE
Ballyfin GAA with the kind cooperation of Ballyfin Demesne host our Annual Run/Walk on Sunday 20th January 2019 at 11.30am.
We are once again delighted to announce that the 2019 route will encompass even more of the grounds, buildings, woodlands, Tower and lake than last year.
Route: The 6K route will start in the exclusive grounds of Ballyfin House just off the main avenue where it heads through the farm buildings and up to the Tower taking in just some of the 614 acres of Parklands. Following this avenue participants will soon catch sight of the majestic Main House, long admired as the most lavish Regency mansion in Ireland, which has recently been restored to its former glory. The route takes us along the front of the House itself, and makes its way out the avenue where we will turn down by the ‘caves’ before meandering onto the walkway surrounding the lake.
We will make our way all around the lake taking in some of the most spectacular of views, climbing back up to the main avenue and making our way towards the ‘Main Entrance’ Gate with our finish on the avenue within the grounds.
Whether you walk or run we look forward to welcoming you to our 6K, and we hope its a very enjoyable return to Ballyfin for many of you who attended Patrician Brothers Ballyfin and to others who wish to see inside this exclusive estate!!
PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FROM STEWARDS WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN THE LOCALITY REGARDING PARKING, REGISTRATION, STARTING THE RACE, ALONG THE ROUTE AND AT THE FINISH.
IT IS OUR BEST INTENTION THAT EVERYBODY ENJOYS THIS EVENT TO THE FULLEST AND IN THE SAFEST WAY. WE GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION IN TRYING TO ACHIEVE THIS.
THE EVENT IS BEING HOSTED BY BALLYFIN GAA, AND WHILE WE WILL DO EVERYTHING WITHIN OUR POWER TO ENSURE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE OCCASION FOR ALL, BALLYFIN GAA TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO POSSESSIONS AND OR INJURY DURING THE EVENT OR IN THE SURROUNDING AREA IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EVENT.
PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN FITNESS AND SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF COMPLETING 6 KILOMETRES WALKING OR RUNNING PRIOR TO TAKING PART.
IF THERE IS ANY DOUBT REGARDING YOUR HEALTH OR ABILITY TO COMPLETE THE COURSE WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR GP PRIOR TO TAKING PART.
WE WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK, AND HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS VERY RARE TREAT!!!