Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
The Wild Atlantic 10 Miler
Aug 16 at 8:30 am - 2:00 pm€25.00
The 4th annual Wild Atlantic 10 mile road race takes place this year on Sunday 16th August. The race will begin in the Belleek area of Ballina town and will take participants on a fantastic route through the picturesque Belleek Woods that runs parallel to the iconic River Moy and along part of the Monasteries of the Moy Greenway. The route is ideal for runners new to the 10 mile distance and the timing of our race fits perfectly with those training for the Dublin City Marathon or other autumn marathons.
Ballina Athletic Club has successfully hosted a range of races over the years from 10k to half marathons to marathons so we can guarantee participants a well-run event. Refreshments will be served after the event … including our legendary cheesecakes!
Event details & schedule
- AAI approved and Jones Counter measured.
- Race is chipped and timed.
- Race commences at 11.00 am SHARP on Sunday 16th
- Starting point – Belleek Castle Road.
- Finishing point – Ballina Athletic Club track.
- Race number, chip & t-shirt collection: Saturday 15th from 5.00 – 6.30 pm & Sunday from 9.00 – 10.30 am SHARP
- Limited number of late registrations may be available on the morning.
- Limited number of virtual entries available with medal.
- Water stations on the route.
- Hot showers available after the event.
- Race briefing will be emailed to participants before the event.
- Every finisher will receive a bespoke medal on the day.
- First 200 registered participants will receive a quality technical t-shirt.
- Cash prizes & trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female.
- Cash prize for breaking the course record.
- Age group winners – Male & female 040, 050 & 060.
- Trophies for first Ballina AC male & female.
We would like to extend a very warm welcome to all participants entering the Wild Atlantic 10 miler and thank you for entering our race.