Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
The Never Give Up 5k/10/k
Jul 28 at 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
The Never Give Up 5k/10k road race is a charity event in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. It is taking place on Sunday the 28th of July 2019 in the village of Inch, Gorey, Co.Wexford. There is a 5k and a 10k option to choose from and both take you on a scenic loop around the countryside, once for the 5k and twice for the 10k. The course is an AAI measured route.
All proceeds of this event will be donated to the Irish Cancer Society, the national charity for cancer care here in Ireland.
Here is a message from the Race Director, Chris Proby:
“In August 2015, just a few months after running the Manchester Marathon, I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of non-hodgkins lymphoma cancer at the age of just 32. It was aggressive and I was in a bad way, but thankfully due to a heavy chemotherapy and radiation treatment schedule I got the all clear in 2016, unfortunately 9 months later I relapsed. After further chemotherapy, full body radiation, and a bone marrow transplant I eventually got the all clear again in June 2017. Needless to say it was an incredibly difficult and scary experience.
Running was a huge motivator to help me through the treatment, it helped to keep me focused and determined to win the battle, twice. While I was in hospital I promised myself that once I beat cancer I would combine my love for running and my difficult cancer experience to create something positive, which is why I have organised this event. So come and join me in my home village for a great morning out, on a beautiful scenic route where I first started running, for a very great cause.”
On the day registration will be available from 09.30am on Sunday 28th July 2019 at St Mogue’s Community Centre, Inch, Gorey, Co Wexford. There will be a start line briefing at 11.15am with the race start time at 11.30am sharp. Limited parking will be available and light refreshments will be available after the race.
For anyone wishing to support this event but unavailable on the day, choose our Virtual Run Option below – just send us through details of your completed run (picture of watch / phone) and we’ll send you on a medal for supporting this cause.
Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female in both races.
Medals for all finishers.
For an individual who raises €70 or more on a sponsorship card, entry to either race is free (includes medals).
For a family (2 adults + 2 children) who raise a combined €100 or more on a sponsorship card, entry to either race is free (includes medals).
Please contact Chris directly when submitting Virtual Evidence or requesting a sponsorship card. [email protected]