Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
PORTUMNA FOREST PARK 5k/10k TRAIL RACES
Jul 21 at 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm€10
Portumna GAA Club are again hosting 5km and 10km trail races around the beautiful Portumna Forest Park at 12 noon on Sunday 21st July. The races will be on separate circuits around the forest. The courses are flat and will be split between narrow forest trails and forest roads. Km markers and refreshments will be in place around the courses.
These are not your normal 5k and 10k races – these races will be mainly challenging but fast technical running in single-track trails between the trees, broken up by stretches of forest road ideal for passing. The 5k will accommodate dedicated runners but will also be suitable for walkers/families/buggies. The 10k will take you deep into the forest and is a proper 10k race.
Both races start at 12pm sharp from Portumna GAA Club.
Registration in the GAA club from 11am if you are up for the challenge!
Adult entry €10. Kids (under 18) €5 entry. To enter as a family both mother and father enter the same event and two of your kids go free. Showers available at the pitch after you run. Prizes sponsored by D Lynch & Sons Hardware. Contact Shane at 0879895143 or [email protected]