Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
CANCELLED. PORTUMNA FOREST PARK 5k/10k TRAIL RACES
Oct 4, '20 at 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm€10
Was Re-Scheduled for 4th October 2020.
Portumna GAA Club are once again hosting 5km and 10km trail races around the beautiful Portumna Forest Park at 12 noon on Sunday 4th October. This is our third year and with 200+ runners last year we are going strong!
The 5k is on forest roads/trails and will accommodate dedicated runners but is also suitable for walkers/families/buggies. The 10k will take you deep into the forest and is a proper 10k race on mainly single-track trails between the trees, broken up by stretches of forest road ideal for passing.
The races will be on separate circuits around the forest, both well signed and marshalled. Km markers and water will be in place around the courses. Free tea/coffee for all runners/walkers at the pitch after the races.
Both races start at 12pm sharp from Portumna GAA Club.
Registration online here or in the GAA club from 11am. Online registrations will close on Saturday 3rd at 8pm. A draw will take place for a free entry for one online entrant. The races will again be followed by a BBQ and family fun-day. Prize giving at 1.30pm.
Adult entry €10 (enter here). Kids (under 16) €5, family €20. Kids or families enter at the pitch on the day. Showers available at the pitch after your run. Prizes sponsored by D Lynch & Sons Hardware. Contact Shane at 0879895143 or [email protected].