Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Monaghan Phoenix Marathon Festival 2017
Sep 30, '17 at 10:00 am - Oct 1, '17 at 6:00 pm
Following on from the success of the last three years, the fourth running of the Monaghan Phoenix Marathon Festival in 2017 will be even bigger and better.
Open to all – But numbers limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Considered the best value Marathon in Ireland.
– Athletics Association of Ireland Permit and Measured Course
– Refreshments before, during and after the race.
– Changing facilities and showers.
– Entertainment and surprises along the route.
– Part of Monaghan County Athletics Board Distance League (Half Marathon)
– Course will be around Monaghan Town, Ulster Greenway Canal Path and Rossmore Forest Trails.
– Miles of Smiles in the land of little hills
The event is organised by Monaghan Phoenix Athletic Club. Monaghan Phoenix is one of the oldest clubs in Monaghan, and caters for runners of all abilities and all ages. All proceeds from the events goes back into the Juvenile section of the club to assist in building and support athletics for juveniles and juniors.
NOTE: This year we are introducing a time limit fo 6:30 for all our marathon runs.
For the first time this year, we will be holding a Charity Marathon on Friday 29th September. This will be only for those doing the Back to Back and entry can be made as an add-on during registration for the Back to back. The friday event will start at 9:45am. The Charity Marathon is entirely funded by local businesses, and ALL proceeds of the event will go directly to local charities.
Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October
Back to Back marathon (with option to enter Charity Marathon on Friday 29th September)
Sunday 1st October
Sunday 1st October
All events will start and finish at Monaghan United Grounds in Gortakeegan, Monaghan.
Friday: 9:45 (Restricted entry to those doing B2B only)
Saturday: 9 am
Sunday: 9 am
Times are subject to change, however any changes will be communicated to all entrants.