Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k 2022
May 14, '22 at 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 14th May 2022. Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains. Your registration also includes return ferry ticket and post- race BBQ with live music.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
• return ferry crossing
• entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 14th May, 10am
• sponsorship pack & tech race tee shirt
• snack & water stops during event
• light refreshments provided after race (showers available)
• BBQ with live music on Saturday evening
As this is a charity event, we require all race participants to raise a minimum of €100 sponsorship for Down Syndrome Galway’s speech and language therapy, education and social projects. This charity provides vital services to its members in Galway city and county, and receives no government funding.
For more information visit www.downsyndromegalway.ie
For information on beautiful Inishbofin visit www.inishbofin.com
telephone enquiries to Pat Coyne 0872850812
Event details and schedule
• 8.00 am special early morning boat leaves Cleggan (MUST be pre booked, €20 supplement)
• Half Marathon: 9.15am – meet at Community Centre for pre race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations. 10am Half Marathon commences (snacks & water stops during event)
• 10K: 10.15 meet at community centre for pre- race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations. 11am 10K commences (snacks & water stops during event)
• Post event refreshment at community centre.
• 7pm Barbeque with live music at the Dolphin Hotel.
Ferry ticket and BBQ are included in your race registration. If you wish to avail of the SPECIAL early Saturday morning boat you MUST pre-book this on- line. Non participants are welcome to attend the Saturday night event, tickets cost €20 – participants can book these for their friends through Njuko.com
Participants wishing to depart Inishbofin on Saturday evening, ferry leaves at 5pm
For telephone queries about this event, ring Pat Coyne 0872850812