Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Inis Iron Meáin 2023
Apr 29 at 12:45 pm - 5:00 pm
Inis Iron Meáin is the original Island road race which continues to impress runners year after year! This event has been so successful for the past 15 years that it has inspired many other communities to stage similar events. ‘Lá an 10K’ is a major social event for Inis Meáin, that sees the return of many familiar faces year after year.
Coláiste Naomh Eoin, the Island’s secondary school, is one of Ireland’s most successful small schools and this event is key to ensuring that the school continues to thrive thus ensuring the viability of this Atlantic gem. The course is exceptionally scenic with a choice between a 5km or 10km road race or a more difficult 12km route which includes a spectacular beach run along Ceann Gainimh. Our 5K category was added to cater for both novice and senior interests.
All online entrants receive a goody pack which includes:
- Race Number and Timing Chip
- Exclusive knitwear from Inis Meáin Knitting Company (www.inismeain.ie)
- Inis Iron Meáin T-Shirt
- Energy drink & energy bar
- Map of island course
Next year’s Inis Iron Meáin will take place on Saturday the 29th of April 2023.
THERE ARE 3 RACE CATEGORIES AS FOLLOWS:
- 5K ROAD RACE
- CÚRSA CRUA – 10K ROAD RACE
- CÚRSA FÍOR CHRUA – 12K ROAD & BEACH RACE
IF YOU WISH TO AMEND THE RACE CATEGORY YOU SELECTED, IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU DO SO VIA EMAIL BEFORE FRIDAY THE 22ND OF APRIL 2023 ([email protected])
€50 STANDARD RATE
€20 SECONDARY SCHOOL AGE RATE
€10 CHILDREN UNDER 12
€40 SPECIAL RATE FOR ISLANDERS. (Goodie Bag guaranteed for pre-reg only).
An ‘islander’ is deemed as: anyone living or from Inis Meáin, anyone whose parent(s) are from Inis Meáin and anyone married to a person from Inis Meáin. In the interest of fair play to everybody, person(s) who do not meet this criteria will not be eligible for the special island rate.
Please be advised that due to a limited supply, goody bags are only guaranteed to those who register in good time . Please register early to avoid disappointment. Anyone who does not have access to the online entry system can contact the school at 099 73991 and we will complete the registration on your behalf.
ALL ENTREES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-TRANSFERABLE.
However, you may defer your entry until the following year if for some reason you cannot attend the current year’s event.