Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Glendalough Lap of the Gap Marathon and 1/2 marathon *CANCELLED*
May 23 at 8:30 am - 3:00 pm€50
GLENDALOUGH LAP OF THE GAP
*Note this event is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions*
A marathon through the scenic heart of County Wicklow starting in Glendalough and taking in the ‘Sally Gap’. Plenty of hills are repaid with plenty of scenery and a warm Wicklow welcome!
Cyclists have long known the allure of the ‘Lap of the Gap’ circuit taking you from the village of Laragh to the highland pass of Sallygap and back past Lough Tay (the ‘Guiness Lake’). A scenic route with plenty of ups and plenty of downs. From quiet country back lanes to the barren and dramatic heather landscapes once you pass the Glenmacnass Waterfall. Both our marathon and half-marathon adds a ‘tail’ to the traditional Lap of the Gap to allow you to start in the monastic village of Glendalough – one of Ireland’s most popular tourist destinations.
We hope you will get not just a race out of our event – but an experience for a lifetime.
Please note we have strict limits to how many runners we can allow on the roads of the National Park so we may sell out ahead of the day – best sign-up early to avoid disappointment!
There will be prizes for top-3 men and women and the first finisher in each of the following categories: over-40, over-50, over-60, over-70 and so on.