Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Forth Mountain Trail Run 2022
Mar 26, '22 at 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Forth Mountain Trail Run is a charity run, in aid of Barntown National School, over 13 kilometres of the Three Rocks Trail on Forth Mountain, just outside Wexford Town.
The terrain is made of road, well maintained gravel trail and short sections of forestry road.
A family orientated walking event will also be held on the day.
This is undoubtedly the most scenic race in the south-east. To the north you can see the entirety of north Wexford, the Blackstairs Mountains, as far as Lugnaquilla in the Wicklow Mountains. To the south you can view the Saltee Islands, Hook Lighthouse, Rosslare Harbour, Kilmore Quay and Tuskar Rock Lighthouse.
The cost of the event is €20 for runners and €10 euro per walker. Family tickets for walkers will cost €25 euro. Register Now CLICK HERE
Beginning at Barntown School, the race takes you up to the 1798 Battle Site Carpark, here runners transition to trail running and meet a steep 400m hill. This is most of the hard work done after two kilometers. Next you pass by the quarry carpark (5k walkers can loop the quarry and head back for school), another kilometre on the road and you hit the trail again. This section leads you past Drooping Rock where the views of North Wexford are amazing. 8k Walkers can head back to the finish after here.You will reach Pennylands Car Park next and pass the second Water Station. From here you will cross the road and run the Fairy Trail past the Furlong Homestead and Skeeter Rock, where you will be treated to views of the South Wexford Coastline.From here you will turn around and return to the finish, this time looping around the Quarry at Carrigfoyle on the North side of the quarry and back to the school.