Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
The Delphi Tri-Event – Swim, Cycle & Run
Apr 14, '18 at 10:30 am - 4:30 pm45€
Join us at Delphi Resort in April for a fun-fuelled weekend of adventure in the great outdoors!Located on the borders of Galway and Mayo, Delphi Resort is surrounded by rugged beauty and captivating wilderness..
The Delphi Tri-Event is a fun, challenging endurance event hosted by Delphi Resort. The event is designed as a taster event for aspiring tri-athletes, or as a fun, multi-sport challenge in its own right.
Participants will undertake:
- A 250m swimming segment
2. A 20km cycling segment
3. A 5km running segment
On this sprint style event, you’ll swim 250m in Killary Fjord, cycle 20km through the stunning Doolough Valley, and run 5km on off-road forest trails, before returning back to the resort for refreshments.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a timed event. Participants may complete the event at their own pace.
And you can easily make a weekend of it too, staying for one or two nights in the four-star hotel or else the onsite Wild Atlantic hostel. The 814 Restaurant & Bar will be serving dinner in the evening (additional cost – purchase separately) and will host Live music in the bar from 10pm – Check out the website www.delphiresort.com for more information on accommodation pricing and packages.
- Suitable for: Runners, cyclists, swimmers, thrill seekers and anyone looking for a challenge!
- Age restrictions: All competitors must be 16 years or above.
- Tickets/Registration: All tickets are non-refundable.
- Event registration starts at 08:00 in the Adventure Hub building, Delphi Resort. The event start time is 10.30am
What do I need to bring with me to the event? * Mandatory for all competitors
- SWIM: Swimming Goggles, Hat, and Wetsuit* (it is compulsory to wear a wetsuit for this open water swim)
Wetsuit: A cold water wetsuit, ideally 5mm, min 3mm suit is required*
- CYCLE: A basic Bike – Mountain, Hybrid or Racer. Safety Helmet – you will not be allowed to race without one
- RUN / CYCLE: Top: Waterproof/windproof top*
- Shoes: Runners/trail running shoes with good grips and supportive cushioning*
- Legs: Running / cycle trousers or shorts*
- Top: Quick drying sports or running top *
- NOTE: For the Swim to Cycle transition, basic changing rooms/tents will be available. However many competitors will choose to wear cycling/running gear under their wetsuit for speed of transition
- Food: The race will finish at lunchtime (depending on your pace). You may want to bring trail snacks or fruit for an in-race energy top up
- Fluids: Water will be available at the start/finish point and at the swim changeover point. A sports drink or water bottle would be a useful addition to bring on the day.
- A beanie or peak cap
- Full change of clothes & a towel: Showers are available at the Adventure hub where the race finishes. A full change of clothes and towel is fully recommended
Why not make a weekend of it?
Stay for 1 or 2 nights – packages from only €65pps –
- 1 Night Delphi Tri-Event Package: €99pps (Twin Room in Delphi’s 4* hotel) or €65pps (shared Hostel dorm) (Sat night). Package
includes :1 night B&B, Evening Buffet & Entertainment
- 2 Night Delphi Tri-Event Package: €165pps (Twin Room in Hotel) or €95pps (shared Hostel dorm). Package
includes :2 nights B&B, Evening Buffet & Entertainment
*Accommodation packages do not include the event registration fee. Please register for the event here on Eventbrite.ie before buying an accommodation package.