Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Corofin Winning Ways 8k
Nov 4, '18 at 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm€15.00
The race starts and finishes in the village of Corofin. The race will start at 2pm, race entrants are asked to assemble at the local Community Centre (Dr. Duggan Hall) at 1:50pm prior to being directed to the start line.
There will be limited changing facilities at the Community Centre. Registration will open at 11.30am in the local community centre where race packs will be available.
Toilet facilities will be available in Corofin Community Centre and post- race refreshments will be served here also.
Race Entry is €15 Early Bird Online Pre-registration/€20 Registration (Online registration will close 1 week before race) https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Corofin8k
The race route starts at ‘An Dunan’ in Corofin Village. The race takes the next right turn and continues to St. Colman’s National School ,where a right turn is taken, and continues down the Pollinore road for approx. 4km. The race turns left towards Curry village and proceeds to Curryoughter where a left turn is taken at cross road for the last stretch back to the Finish line in Corofin village at the local Community Centre. The route has been permitted by Athletics Ireland.
The village of Corofin is located quite close to Tuam.
It is easily accessed from the N17 (Galway to Tuam) or via the N347 (Athenry to Tuam). There will be some signage of the road indicating that there is a race up ahead.
Following the sucess of last years ‘Fun Run’ there will also be a short childrens race on the day for children of national school age. Prizes will be provided to all children who enter. The fun run takes place at 1pm.
Registration will take place on the day from 11:30am to 1:30pm in local community centre.
Prizes: First, second and third place prizes awarded for men and women, prizes also given for category winners.
First 200 entries receive race t-shirt.