Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Women’s Aid Purple Run 5K
Sep 25, '18 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm€25
Have a great night as you walk, jog or run the Women’s Aid 5K Purple Run to help women affected by domestic violence.
When: Tuesday 25th September 2018 7.30pm
Where: Sandymount Strand, Dublin 4 (Sean Moore Park end)
Register now: www.popupraces.ie
Entry price: €25 per person (includes free t-shirt and raffle entry). This race is open to all over the age of 15. Children under 15 must be accompanied on the route by an adult.
Fundraise: Please go the extra mile and set up a fundraising page in aid of Women’s Aid at by creating your own personal fundraising page on Everyday Hero or using your own Facebook page to create a fundraiser for Women’s Aid. We can also send you sponsorship cards too.
Ask your friends, family and workmates to support you as you help raise much needed funds for women and their children experiencing domestic violence.
One in five women in Ireland will be affected by physical, emotional, financial and sexual abuse by their husbands, partners and boyfriends. Help us listen, believe and support women when they need us the most.
All proceeds raised will support the Women’s Aid 24hr National Freephone Helpline 1800 341 900 and our other one to one support services – thank you.
Route description and map:
The 5K event starts in Sean Moore Park just outside Clanna Gael Fontenoy GAA clubhouse (where registration takes place). The route follows the perimeter of the park around in an anti-clockwise direction on the tarmac park path.
Just before 1km the route leaves the park and hits the beach. The route follows the beach before ascending Sandymount promenade. It follows the promenade to the end before descending again to the beach just 100m short of the turn point.
The route rounds the turn and heads for home following the beach all the way back to the Sean Moore park. Upon re-entering the park, it’s a right turn clockwise for the last couple of hundred metres and the welcome sight of the finish gantry where the race started. This route will be timed, marked and marshalled.
Number and T-shirt pick up:
- 5pm to 7.30pm Monday 24th September at Women’s Aid, 5 Wilton Place, Dublin 2.
- 5pm to 7pm, Tuesday 25th September at Clanna Gael Fontenoy, Ringsend, Dublin 4.
Prizes: While this is very much a fun event raising much needed funds for our work, we hope to have a number of small prizes as well as raffle prizes. More details to follow.
For more information on Women’s Aid and the work we do, please visit www.womensaid.ie/about
Once you register we will be in touch as the event approached with further information. However, should you have any queries, please contact Christina at [email protected]