Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Strawberry 5 Mile Road Race
Jun 24, '18 at 10:30 am - 5:00 pm€15.00
This is the inaugural year of the event which comprises a new 10 mile and a 5 mile road race. The race takes place at the height of the Strawberry Season.
The race is hosted this year exclusively by Slaney Olympic AC as a club fundraiser.
Entry fees have been kept to a minimum while still retaining the usual high standards of the race. The 10 Mile runners will receive a custom made medal and a custom buff whilest the 5 mile runners will receive a medal.
Up to 22nd June entry fees are: 10 mile race €20; 5 mile Race €15, thereafter on race day entries are 10 mile €25 and 5 Mile €20.
The event will attract everyone from the country’s top athletes to the club and fun runners. There are pacers for the 10 miles at 60 mins, 70 mins, 80 mins and 90 mins to help participants achieve their goals.
There will be prizes (more details later) in the open races and and all veteran categories. All runners receive a special Finisher’s Medal and tea/coffee and sandwiches at the Riverside Park Hotel.
The races start and finish on the banks of the River Slaney in the historic town of Enniscorthy. The 10 Mile route runs along the river, through the town and past the castle before heading out on tree lined roads through the pastoral County Wexford countryside in all its summer glory. All water stations supply 250ml bottles.
The event is renowned for its festive and friendly atmosphere with music and race commentary and a start /finish area which is second to none.
Event details and schedule
Start Time: 10am for 10 Mile and 10.30 for 5 mile race