Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Slaney Adventure Race 2020
Feb 8, '20 at 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Total distance: 33.5Km
Gary Byrnes Grain Store,BREECO.WEXFORDY21 EK46
The Race consist of the following
Stage 1: Cycle 22km
Description: Starting in Bree village, this cycle route will bring you through the rolling wexford countryside, crossing the Slaney River and back along the Slaney valley
Terrain; Sealed road
Features: Stunning views of the river Slaney and surrounding valley
Stage 2: Kayak 1km
Description: In association with Wexford Kayak safaris, competitors will Kayak a circular route along the spectacular river Slaney.
Restrictions: Participants cannot use their own Kayaks. They must use the Kayaks and paddles provided. Buoyancy aid must be used at all times.
State 3: Cycle 8km
Description: A short cycle brings you back into Bree Village, for the final transition.
Stage 4: Forest Trail Run 6.5KM
Description: Competitors will follow a short road before ascending up-to the stunning Bree hill. Following a a rolling forest trail competitors circle the Hill, taking in the breath taking views of the Slaney valley below, before ascending the renowned Downhill Mountain Bike track. From here, it’s down through the forest and back to the finish area in the Village below
Terrain: Sealed road, Forrest track, Mountain track, forest trail
Features: From Various Points along the trail you have panoramic views across the Slaney valley and rolling Wexford countryside.
Precautions: Trail runners are recommended