Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Simon Home Run
Oct 1, '22 at 9:30 am - 3:00 pm€20
About the Simon Home Run
About Simon Home Run
Simon Home Run is a fun and challenging, five-mile race through our capital’s beautiful Phoenix Park, taking place on 1st October 2022.
This is more than just a run; each year members of the public, the business community, students, teachers, Simon staff, volunteers and clients, all take part in this fantastic event. They run, walk or jog through the park; coming together as a community to challenge themselves and show their support for those living through the nightmare of homelessness.
Join us this year for our theme of 45 Minutes of Hope – as the average runner can complete the circuit in around 45 minutes. But do it in whatever time and way works for you and have a great time doing it while you raise essential funds for Dublin Simon Community.
Our festival village returns this year, where runners and their families can relax after the race. With live music, food, refreshments, and a host of other entertainment suitable for all ages, there’s sure to be something for everyone at this year’s Simon Home Run.
To top that all off, every participant running the five-mile race will receive their own race number with embedded timing chip, and a goodie bag full of treats and offers from our supporting businesses!
We’re excited to have everyone back in the park for the first time since 2020, for a bigger and better Home Run this October!
Punctuality is vital if the Home Run is to be a success. The Home Run is a professionally organised main road race and will start at 9:30am sharp.
Parking will be located at:
- Full details of available parking will be confirmed closer to the event date. Please check the OPW website for up-to-date information regarding parking availability and restrictions within Phoenix Park.
Do not park on the route of the race or at the entrances/properties in the park, please adhere to all restrictions.
- By Car: Preferred entrance through Parkgate Street / Castleknock Gate
- By Foot: Through the Chapelizod Gate.
- Bus Routes to the Phoenix Park: C5, C6, 26, 46A, 69
- Luas: Red Line to Heuston Station, then 10 minute walk to Parkgate street entrance, and 15 minute walk to Phoenix Monument – warm up done! Please give yourself an adequate amount of time to get to the festival village.
- Road closures for this year TBC before the event.
Q: When is Home Run taking place?
A: 1st October 2022
Q: What time is the race?
A: Race starts at 9.30am sharp
Q: Where is the Run located?
A: Papal Cross, Phoenix Park. The start line is on the Acres Road just past the Papal cross, and registration is at the Papal Cross triangle. The course is a loop and the finish area is also located at the triangle.
Q: What is the route?
A: The race takes a five mile (8k) route through Phoenix Park, starting on Acres Road, turning left down Chesterfield Avenue, with the final mile up Khyber Road to the finish line. This route is exclusive to our race, no other race takes this route around the park.
Q: Where can I register?
A: Registration is online here.
Q: Who can participate in the Home Run?
A: Home Run is for everyone! We welcome elite runners, joggers, walkers and now even buggy pushers to come and join us on the day!
Q: How much does registration cost?
A: The cost of participation is €25 + processing fee (€2.50). There is an early bird fee of €20 if you register before 21st August 2022. This includes the race, timing chip, and a goodie bag. You can purchase a special edition running top for €10 at the time of registration.
Q: How is my time measured?
A: Our race is professionally chip timed. The chip is embedded in each runner’s race number, which will be posted to them before the race. Late registrants can collect their race number on the day. Each runner’s will receive their time via email shortly after the race.
Q: Where is the disabled access?
A: The site is accessible for people with a physical disability. If you think you might have have special requirements, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Q: Will water be provided during and after the race?
A: There will be a water stop halfway around the course and drinking water available at the finish line for runners.
Q: Will there be music?
A: There will be musical entertainment at the festival area at the finish line.
Q: Will there be toilets?
A: There will be toilet facilities onsite.
Q: What if I need medical attention?
A: St. John’s ambulance will be on site.
Q: Can I register in person, on the day?
A: You can register on the day at a cost of €30 per runner.
Q: Will there be parking?
A: There will be road closures in place to facilitate the race. Parking details will be available closer to the date.
Q: Will there be road closures?
A: Road closures and traffic diversions will be in place for the duration of the race. These are detailed on the signage on each gate of the park.
Q: Can I volunteer at the Home Run?
A: We welcome anyone who would like to volunteer as a race steward. Please contact our team at [email protected]
Q: What I just want to watch the race?
A: Family and friends are encouraged to come and support the runners. After they have cheered them on, they can avail of the entertainment in the festival village.
Q: How can I sponsor a runner?
A: As the Home Run is primarily a fundraising event, sponsorship is encouraged among all of the runners. Anyone who registered online will have an automatic iDonate page created for them which they can share with friends and family by email and social media. Sponsorship cards are available if required.
Q: If I’m running, is there somewhere to store my baggage?
A: There will be a baggage tent available on the day.