Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
PORTUMNA GAA CLUB FOREST PARK 5km/10km RUN/WALK
Jul 31, '22 at 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
PORTUMNA GAA CLUB FOREST PARK 5km/10km RUN/WALK SUNDAY 31st JULY 2022:
Portumna GAA Club are once again hosting 5km and 10km run/walks around the beautiful Portumna Forest Park at 12 noon on Sunday 31st July. This is our third year and with 200+ runners and walkers in 2019 we are going strong! Had a 2-year break due to covid but are back now better than ever.
The 5km is on forest roads and will accommodate dedicated runners but is also suitable for walkers/families/buggies. The 10km will take you deep into the forest and is a proper 10km race on mainly single-track trails in the trees, broken up by stretches of forest road ideal for passing.
The routes will be on separate circuits around the forest, both well signed and marshalled. Km markers and water will be in place around the courses. Free tea/coffee for all runners/walkers at the pitch after the races.
Both races start at 12pm sharp from Portumna GAA Club.
Registration online here or in the GAA club from 11am. Online registrations will close on Saturday 30th at 8pm. A draw will take place for a free entry for one online entrant. Prize giving at 1.30pm. The races will again be followed by a BBQ and family fun-day.
Adult entry only €10 (enter here). Kids (under 16) €5, Family €20. Kids or families enter at the pitch on the day. Prizes sponsored by D Lynch & Sons Hardware. Contact Shane at 0860213101.