Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Antrim Coast Half Marathon 2021
Aug 29, '21 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The IAAF certified Antrim Coast Half marathon is the fastest half-marathon in Ireland, and one of the fastest courses in Europe. Sir Mo Farah won the 2020 Race in 60:27. Lily Partridge won the Women’s Race at 71:36.
Welcome to the Antrim Coast Half Marathon 2021
The 2021 race will take place on the summer Bank Holiday weekend, on Sunday 29th August starting 09:00 for the elite women, with the main race immediately after the elite men at 09:30.
Race Organisers have already confirmed a record entry for 2021 and are targeting the first men’s sub 60 minute and women’s sub 70 minute Half Marathon ever recorded in Ireland.
Some of UK & Ireland’s and World’s best have already confirmed entry to the 2021 event, promising a truly international field for 2021.
In association with
Fast & Flat Course
The P&O Antrim Coast Half Marathon is the fastest half-marathon in Ireland and one of the fastest courses in Europe.
Starting at the beginning of the iconic Antrim Coast Road, the course sweeps into Larne harbour and through Larne town before moving onto the world famous Antrim Coast Road.
The coast’s stunning landscapes featuring in many movies and television series, including HBO’s Game of Thrones, who used the area extensively as one of the filming locations.
2020 Race Information
Last year’s elite race, watched by over 40,000 people via the live stream saw Sir Mo Farah and Lily Partridge break Irish all-comers records with times of 60 min 27 sec and 71 min 36 seconds respectively.
Tommy Hughes broke the Vets +60 WR in a new record time of 71:09 and Gary O’Hanlon setting a World Best as a 46 year old in a time of 66:26. In total 35 of the 62 runners ran personal bests on the Antrim Coast course.
Turning homeward at Ballygally Castle the course offers one of the fastest finishes to any road race in World Athletics.
The Antrim Coast Half Marathon 2021 has been approved by the IAAC.
The newly IAAF certified course takes in some of the most stunning scenery in Europe, combined with some famous landmarks along the route.
New for 2021 and ahead of the main event will be a children’s Street Mini-Marathon mile loop through the town.
Starting on the Friday evening for all children of all ages and abilities with exciting news to follow. Entry opens 1st March 2021.