Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon and Multisport Festival
May 29 at 8:00 am - May 30 at 5:00 pm
Lough Cutra Castle in Gort is the backdrop to this action-packed weekend of triathlon racing in Gort, Co. Galway. This first race of the Castle Triathlon series in 2021 sets the scene for a competitive and fun series, hosted within the beautiful grounds of the Castle and surrounding area of stunning South Galway.
All of the triathlon races at Lough Cutra Castle kick-off by launching into an open-water swim in the lake, transitioning to the bike route which circumnavigates Lough Cutra itself with The Half Iron Gauntlet cycle taking in the beautiful and breathtaking Burren National Park whilst the run features a mixed terrain in the stunning surroundings of the Castle.
This year’s event promises to be an amazing festival of triathlon & multisport with events of various distances to test those chasing a personal best and embrace those who are dipping their toes into the sport of triathlon for the very first time.
Check out all Triathlon Races in Galway HERE
Swim & Run Only
In 2018 we introduced our Castle Run Series and Castle Swim Series which saw swimmers and runners enjoy the fun of racing a single sport amidst the full-on atmosphere of a busy triathlon festival.
The swim only event provides the choice of three different distances: 5km 2.5km and 1mile (see price table below) and boasts a unique and stunning swim route in all the stunning castle lakes.The swim described by many triathletes as the ‘best open water swim ever completed’ will now be open to outdoor swimmers as an event in its own right.
One Mile Swim
Enjoy the beautiful setting of Lough Cutra Castle at your own pace. Swim any stroke you like (breaststroke encouraged), swim and chat with friends as you go around. Don’t worry about how long it takes (however time limit set at 90 minutes), just enjoy it. Under 16s welcome if accompanied throughout by a competent responsible adult, however we do have a minimum age of 13.
Building on the success of the Castle Run Series introduction in 2018, with the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k will continue to take place at Lough Cutra Castle.
This stunning and unique multi-terrain course will incorporate spectator friendly loops of beautiful countryside, the Castle lake, quaint local villages and of course Lough Cutra Castle itself. Each runner will receive a medal and will be welcomed across the finish line with a banquet of well-earned treats, with live bands, food stalls, a retail area and camping at the castle making the weekend a festival of sporting achievements.
MultiSport in 2021
If the thought of completing all three disciplines at once is holding you back from signing up to one of our events, our multisport distances could be perfect for you! Perhaps an injury is preventing you from running, you can’t get your hands on a bike for this summer or the idea of swimming in the lake is just too much. We have created the multisport events to allow our competitors to compete in two disciplines of your choice within our triathlons. The same stunning courses tailored to suit you!
There are a host of junior races on offer for the aspiring young athlete across the weekend so come with the family and fanclub, enjoy the racing and festival atmosphere regardless of age or ability and make Lough Cutra your destination race in 2021.