Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Leenane 5 Mile Run | Jog | Walk
Nov 18, '18 at 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm€15 – €25
Why not join the local run in aid of the upkeep of Leenane/Maam Red Cross ambulance!
The third Sunday in November, November the 18th, will see the tenth running of the Leenane 5 Mile. The event is open to all, from elite runners to joggers and walkers.
The entry fee is 15 euro for an individual and 25 euro for a family. All monies raised go towards the upkeep of the Leenane/Maam Red Cross Ambulance. Registration is available through runireland.com, via our website and limited registration will also be available on the day. Pick up your race number in the Community Centre, Leenane, from 12noon onwards.
The race starts at 2pm. Every participant receives a medal and there will be refreshments available in the Community Centre directly after the race. Get back early for some of the famous post-race cake!
There will be prizes for the first, second and third male and female. The run starts at the Hotel in Leenane, comes through the village and out the Westport Road, turning right and around the beautiful townland of Glan, then back into Leenane to finish in the village at the main car park. The surroundings are breathtaking as the route closely follows the shoreline of Killary Fjord.
The event is perfect for adventure racers and road runners who want to hold onto the fitness they have earned during the summer, and 5 miles a very achievable distance if you are a first-timer. For more information please call Hazel on 087 7719751 or email Steve on [email protected]
The committee would like to thank the local sponsors – Timfy Designs Killary Cruises, Aasleagh Fishery and Delphi Lodge for their support. Also a massive thank you to all the volunteers on the day.