Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Sep 28 at 8:30 am - 9:00 pm€60
Wicklow is to become the 10th destination worldwide to host this prestigious international event. On Saturday 28th September 2019 this epic event will start and finish on Bray Seafront.
Wicklow will welcome trail runners from around the world to experience our amazing scenery, across a selection of challenging routes; 17km, 28km, 45km and 80km.
The trails will take participants to some of Wicklow’s most scenic locations including Bray Head, Killruddery Gardens, The Great Sugarloaf, Powerscourt Waterfall, the Wicklow Way, Lough Tay viewing point and Piers Gate and all the way to Roundwood and the Vartry Reservoir.
“This event will be a truly scenic feast” says Fred Verdier from Wicklow County Tourism. “Exclusive access to the world renowned Killruddery and Powerscourt Estates will very much enhance the experience for the participants. Any running enthusiast should have this event on their ‘must do’ list”.
While the long distances are probably for the experienced trail runners, the 17 and 27k routes are ideal for road runners that want to have a try at trail running.
Ecotrail was first organised in Paris ten years ago with the objective to connect the city with the outdoors with a stunning finish on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. Ecotrail comes with a very strong eco-responsible ethos and each event is committed to reduce litter, minimise environmental impact and promote public transport. The Ecotrail concept has been recreated around various cities in Europe and is now held in Reykjavik, Oslo, Stockholm, Brussels, Geneva, Florence, Madrid and Funchal (Madeira).
“The concept of Ecotrail offers a truly international exposure and is ideal to promote the the Wicklow Outdoors brand” says Frank Curran, Chief Executive of Wicklow County Council. “The platform will give Wicklow twelve months on constant exposure through the various Ecotrail events held around Europe. Furthermore, the Eco-friendly concepts fits perfectly to our destination.”
“We are absolutely delighted to welcome Wicklow into the Ecotrail family” adds Jean Charles Perrin, Ecotrail founder and CEO of Ecotrail International. “Trail Running is one of the fastest-growing sport in the world, and Wicklow is a fantastic addition to our destinations. Having seen the beauty of Wicklow late last year, Ecotrail Wicklow might just become one of our most popular events.”
- For further info on Ecotrail Wicklow, go to http://wicklow.ecotrail.com
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/EcoTrailWicklow/
- Video Ecotrail International: https://youtu.be/tp3F55tAb0c