Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Carney 10km 2018
Event Details for the Carney Lissadell 10K
ABOUT THE EVENT: This, the 14th annual Carney Lissadell 10K Road Race, will take place on Easter Monday, April 2nd 2018. It is one of the most popular 10k events of the year, with over 350 participants last year alone. The event includes a 10k Road Race, a 10k Walk, and kids fun races beforehand. All registrations will be in the Oxfield Community Centre. The event is AAI licenced. There will be the usual generous prize fund for a large number of categories and post-race refreshments in Oxfield for all participants. This year we delighted to confirm that Sligo based Core Timing will be providing chip timing services. As usual the event raises much needed funds for some very worthy local community organisations, namely the 11th Sligo Benbulben Scouts and the Oxfield Community Centre.
REGISTRATIONS: Online: €15, see www.runireland.com. On The Day: €18. Please note all Registrations (incl chip pickups) will be at the Oxfield Community Centre from 9:30am.
START TIMES: 11:00am Kids Fun Races in Oxfield…. 11:30am 10k Walk starts in Carney Village…. 12:00pm 10k Run starts in Carney Village.
DIRECTIONS / PARKING: All competitors should make their way to the Oxfield Community Centre for registrations, parking, toilets etc. Carney Village is a 2 minute trot over the road, so your car can stay at Oxfield. Oxfield is located on the Oxfield Road just off the N15 Sligo/Derry Road. The junction is approx 8km north of Sligo, and 1.5km north of Drumcliffe Village. The turn is beside ‘Ben’s Topline Hardware’ and is signed as Oxfield Road L3402. (NOTE: Do not take the junction just after Drumcliffe Village signed for Carney and Lissadell House).
THE ROUTE: The race will follow the traditional but majestic route through the famous Lissadell Estate (subject to permission of the Owners of Lissadell – confirmation pending). To get an idea of what the route is like take a look here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkxLe9a-Hl4).
1,2,3 M and F
1,2,3 O-40 M And F
1,2 O-50 Mand F
1 O-60 Mand F