Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Bike 2 Bofin 2019
Oct 12, '19 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm€50
We are delighted to launch the 7th annual BIKE-2-BOFIN 90k charity cycle from Galway to Inishbofin, with option of a shorter 45k from Maam Cross. Cyclists are welcome to participate in either route option:
45k Route…Cycling group regroup at Maam Cross, where cyclists participating in the shorter route will join the group. Maam-Recess-Clifden-Cleggan-In
This event is open to cyclist of all levels and promises to be both challenging and fun filled with the option of an overnight stay on the island of Inishbofin.
This cycle is in support of local charity “Voices for Down Syndrome Galway” (www.downsyndromegalway.ie). Since its inaugural in 2013, the event has raised €150k, a staggering achievement for all involved. This year a portion of the funds raised will be allocated to the newly opened Down Syndrome Galway West centre. Based in Moycullen village, it aims to provide activities, services and support to children and adults with Down Syndrome in the area and their families.
Registration for Bike-2-Bofin 2019 is now open….Early Bird Special Registration Rate of €50 until 31st August, €60 thereafter.
Following the success of previous Bike-2-Bofin and the high level of interest in this year’s event, early registration is advisable. Event is capped at 150 participants, so register early to avoid disappointment…..
CLICK “HERE” TO REGISTER NOW
The primary purpose of Bike-2-Bofin is for all participants to approach the event in an enthusiastic manner and enjoy a worthwhile endeavour. We ask that participants raise or donate a minimum of €120 (excluding registration fee), via one of the following fundraising options, simply indicate your preference during registration process:
2) iDonate Fundraising Page…to set up your own fundraising page through our iDonate Bike-2-Bofin 2019 event page click “HERE”
3) Donation…make a donation when registering for Bike-2-Bofin
90k ROUTE : GALWAY-MOYCULLEN-OUGHTERARD-MA
There will be a scheduled stop at Peacocks Hotel (approx. half-way point) for refreshments and food.
Cycling group to regroup at Peacocks Hotel, Maam Cross, where cyclists participating in the shorter route will join the group.
Full support will be available on the day to all cyclists, with a sweeper vehicle, a luggage support vehicle and a food van.
Arrival in Cleggan and ferry that afternoon to Inishbofin for a night of ceoil and craic!
A variety of accommodation is available on Inishbofin, however it is essential that participants book their own accommodation prior to the event.
Please visit www.inishbofin.com for a full list of hotels, B&Bs, self-catering cottages and hostel options.
For additional information, contact Pat Coyne 087 2850812.
For those staying overnight, bags can be dropped off at St Marys College for the luggage van on the morning of the cycle.
NB…Cyclists who do not require an overnight stay on Inishbofin must organise their own transport back to Galway from Cleggan on Saturday 12th October, as there will only be an organised bus from Cleggan to Galway on Sunday 13th October. For additional information please contact 087 9034664.RETURN TO GALWAY (CYCLISTS & BIKES):
A reserved secure area will be allocated for participants bikes at Cleggan, bikes will be safely transported back to Galway and arrangement will be made for bikes to be collected from St Mary’s College on Sunday 13th October.
Sunday 13th October, return ferry departs Inishbofin Sunday morning, followed by bus back to St Mary’s College, Galway.
A safety statement has been prepared for the event and will be acknowledged by each participant prior to the cycle. Remember…NO HELMET…NO CYCLE REGISTRATIONRegistration fee for the 90k/45k cycle is €60 p/p (non-refundable) NOTE – early bird special of €50 to 31st August
Registration fee includes : entry fee to 90k/45k – race pack & event t-shirt – food/refreshments stops enroute – return ferry to Inishbofin – dinner/buffet plus entertainment on the Saturday night – bus and transport of bikes to Galway on the Sunday.
There will be NO registration on the day of the cycle, all cyclists must register online at to participate in the event. Following the success of the previous Bike-2-Bofin and the high level of interest in this year’s event, early registration is advisable. Event is capped at 150 participants, so register early to avoid disappointment. CLICK “HERE”TO REGISTER NOWFor those not traveling onto Inishbofin, please phone 087 644827 for further information prior to registering for Bike-2-Bofin 2019
Feel free to circulate this info to family, friends, colleagues who may be interested in joining us this year, we hope you will too.
NOTE – If you have family and friends that want to travel on the ferry and have dinner but not participate in the cycle then they can use this link to register and pay: Click “HERE”The organising committee are welcome you and thank you for your interest in participating in this memorable day.