Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Ballintotis 4 Mile Road Race 2022
Apr 21, '22 at 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The 11th running of the Ballintotis 4 mile road race, hosted by Ballintotis Area Community Council and held in association with East Cork AC, will take place this year on Thursday April 21st (starting time 8pm.) The organising committee are delighted to be back again on the race calendar, following the enforced break due to the covid pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
In 2010, the first staging of the race took place and attracted 425 runners, a figure which at that time well exceeded the organisers’ expectations.
Our last race in 2019 which was our 10th anniversary race saw a record breaking 1240 finishers.
That aforementioned 2010 race got fund raising underway for Ballintotis Community Centre which has since been built and is now the hub of the race.. The event formerly took place in Castlemartyr, but East Cork AC moved the race to Ballintotis, which has proved a hugely popular location, with the venue boasting in excess of 1,000 participants on a number of occasions. The scenic 4 mile loop includes a lap of road bordering Loughaderra Lake in the closing stages.
Great Prize List
Again this year’s race offers great value for money with a very attractive prize structure overall and a full list of category prizes in all age groups (1st 2nd and 3rd) as well as the opportunity to win one of the many spot prizes on offer.
Castlemartyr Resort will again sponsor the top prize of overnight accomodation for 2 people both the male and female winners.
Trabolgan Holiday Village have again confirmed that they will sponsor a Family Weekend Away or Mid Week stay for both the race runner up and ladies runner up. Once more Garryvoe Hotel Leisure Centre have come on board with a magnificent prize for the third runners home, in the shape of six months membership to their superb facility.
As well as the famous Ballintotis Buff again kindly sponsored by Simon Ahern of Ahern’s Centra, J.J Coppingers’, Midleton are again on board to help sponsor a goody bag for all finishers.
Registration is open on line from Friday February 4th. Registration costs 15 euro including service charge, with the option of availing of your race number being posted out for an additional cost.
Exciting Race History
In the inaugural race James McCarthy took top spot with a time of 19:54. McCarthy went onto win the race a remarkable eight times in a row, his best time being 19:23 set in 2016. Then in 2018 … a new man was on the podium as another East Cork A.C competitor Michael Harty won in style and in the process set a new course record of 19:15, with the previous record also being broken by Sergiu Ciobanu who was runner up. Our last race in 2019 saw a new name on the roll of honour – as yet another East Cork Man – Kevin O’Brien broke the tape in a time of 20.13.
The entry was a remarkable 1,170 runners in 2015. Irish Olympian Sonia O Sullivan was among those taking part that year following up on her previous visit in 2013.
Fellow Olympian Lizzy Lee from Leevale is the ladies course record holder (21:22), with her Irish International colleague Claire McCarthy posting the second fastest time around the course. Fiona Santry of East Cork A.C made it back to wins in the ladies race in 2019 to complete a fine double..
Anybody requiring further information on this year’s race can e-mail their query to [email protected] or call 086 8778182. .
***Updated race info will be issued nearer the event.