Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Alan Mahon 5k Run 2022
Jun 30, '22 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday June 30th 2022 marks the 3rd anniversary of local man Alan Mahon, who tragically passed away while climbing Mt Elbrus, the highest peak in Russia and Europe in 2019.
This year, with the generous support of Kildangan Stud, the local community will pay tribute to Alan with a 5k chipped run through the grounds of Kildangan Stud. Registration for the 5k run is available here and starts at 6.30pm sharp. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the highly acclaimed stud.
The events will be directly followed by music & Kildangan hospitality of a BBQ, tea/coffee
& treats and free children’s activities in the GAA grounds.
Proceeds from the evening will all go back into the local community – namely to Kildangan National School where Alan’s legacy lives on through his children Nora, Alice and Ollie.
Everyone is welcome, join us to celebrate Alan’s life and get one step closer to a healthier lifestyle and discover this wonderful Kildangan area that’s rarely seen – a spectacular route through so many townlands steeped in history.
From Kildangan GAA in Rickardstown Upper on to new road, pass Courtyard in through Kildangan Stud gates, into Kildangan ,Derry, and Harristown Upper, through Rathbawn, Harristown and finally Rickardstown Lower back to GAA in Rickardstown Upper.
Come along and join together with the local running community & friends by connecting with us for an evening of nature, exercise, fun, celebration and most of all conversation
Memorable Technical T shirts for first 300 entries
There is also a 3k & 5k walk on this route on the evening and will start straight after the 5k run start (6:30pm) walk tickets are limited and each entry includes entry into the BBQ
Any Questions to [email protected]