Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Wild 2 Wild Duathlon
Sep 28 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Name: Wild2Wild Wilderness Challenge
- Type: Duathlon
- Location: Newport, Mayo
First of its kind – are you ready to explore the REAL Wild West?
Join us for the wilderness challenge. Although you will need mental and physical stamina on this unique course, you will be truly rewarded by losing yourself in the perfection of nature and wilderness under the shadows of the breathtaking Nephin Beg mountains.
So let us introduce you to our course that will take you from the Wild Atlantic way to the Wild Nephin wilderness and back.
Participants must complete a 2.5km run from the historic town of Newport along the Wild Atlantic way, followed by an 11km cycle into the Wild Nephin Wilderness Park. Then it’s a tough hill run on forest trail for 6.5km before cycling back to Newport and finishing off with a 2.5km run into the town.
This course will be the most scenic route that you will come across anywhere in Ireland. The wilderness run will be all on forestry track so as to protect our natural landscape and at the same time bringing you right to the edges of the largest wilderness area. This really is the jewel in Ireland’s crown of adventure locations.
This race is a perfect introduction for those wanting to maintain their fitness on the race calendar between GaelForce and Sea2Summit.
Complimentary soup and sandwich will be given out at Hotel Newport after the Race.
Holy family national school will accommodate any overfill in car parks.