Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Tour de Burren
Jun 20, '20 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
GEARING UP FOR THE 16TH TOUR DE BURREN
The annual Tour de Burren will take place in the picturesque village of Ballyvaughan, County Clare located at the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way, on Saturday 20th June 2020.
It’s time to oil the brakes, pump up the wheels and get a few miles on the legs for the 16th annual Tour de Burren Cycle on June 20, 2020.
Truly a local event organised by the Burren Cycling Club, the cycle will bring 1,000 regular and would-be riders out into the beautiful landscape of the Burren National Park in County Clare. Can there be a better way to engage with our awe-inspiring scenery than to ride along the Wild Atlantic Way on two wheels? And with excellent signage on the route as well as an army of marshals, participants feel safe and relaxed so they enjoy the spin.
Two main routes start in Ballyvaughan and bring cyclists through the Burren Geopark, past Fr Ted’s House and back home along the coast road which forms part of the Wild Atlantic Way. The Burning Burren 130km route starts at 9am, while the Burren Heart 100km route starts an hour later at 10am.
Both routes meet at Kilnaboy Community Hall for the famous food stop, which is worth the cycling effort to get there. Sandwiches including the famous brown bread and smoked salmon, cakes including strawberry cheesecake and apple tart, biscuits and endless supply of tea and coffee await the riders who’ll get to chat and compare stats (or aches). In fact, the Tour de Burren food stop is nearly as famous as the cycle itself… part of the Tour de Burren challenge lies in getting up on the bike after all the cheesecake.
And of course, we haven’t forgotten cycling families – the Family Loop takes off at 11am. We’re hoping to see more mini cyclists than ever on June 20.
This year, we’re reducing the entry fee with a special early bird rate of €30 for the first 200 entries, €35 for the next 300 and €40 for the final 500 participants. So get in gear and sign up!
Along with the reduced entry fee, everybody receives a Tour de Burren beanie hat which they can pick up on signing in. Our beanies are sure to complement the Tour de Burren fashion collection which entrants have picked up over the years!
By the way, did we mention the whipped ’99 ice cream at the end of the cycle…
To enter the Tour de Burren and for all other information, please visit www.tourdeburren.com
Click Here to Register today.