Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Galway Clinic Streets of Galway 8k
Aug 10 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
2019 sees the 34th edition of the famous Streets of Galway 8km road race. Since its inception in 1986 the event has grown into one of the most prestigious road races in the country, yet remains true to its original motto of Sport for All, as many locals and visitors take on the event year in year out. The event will bring 3,000 participants onto the streets of our city and suburbs into what is a fantastic event and evening in the city.
This event is the jewel in the crown of road races in the West and tours through the famous City of the Tribes.The race route starts at Fr Griffin Road in the city and takes in many of the sights of Galway city. including the Spanish Arch, Eyre Square, the landmark Galway Cathedral and NUI Galway, and routes out towards Salthill, past Pearse Stadium and then back in the ‘Prom’ along Galway Bay for a fast section into the finish at the historic Claddagh.
Event details and schedule
The 2019 Galway Clinic Streets of Galway 8km , organised by local club Galway City Harriers, which takes place this year on Saturday 10th August at 7pm.
An early-bird rate of €20 will be available until midnight on July 1st, after which a standard entry-fee of €25 will apply.
This year we are once again delighted to have the Galway Clinic as the Streets of Galway 8k race sponsor. The Galway Clinic, is a Galway institution and is a major health provider and employer for the city and county, The Clinic aims to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities its serves, and to promote health and wellbeing across society .