Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Nenagh Try a Tri AND Sprint Tri 2018
Jun 9 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Following on from the successes of 2016 and 2017, the 2018 Nenagh Lions Club Try a Tri will take place in glorious sunshine on Saturday 9th June.
The Try a Tri, in association with Nenagh Lions Club is geared especially towards those who are completely new to triathlons, those with just a basic level of fitness, who simply enjoy a challenge and a bit of fun. The event consists of a short swim (10 lengths/250m) of Nenagh Swimming Pool (at your own pace), followed by a 10km cycle and a 3km run or walk. Just to spice things up for those who would like a stronger challenge we are also offering the option of a Sprint Tri. (30 length/750m swim, 20km cycle, 5 km run, over 16’s only). Both events are offered in a range of different formats: individual adult, u-18, family of 4, team and relay so there is something for everyone. Enter at A Sportsman’s Dream or online at www.runireland.com.
This year the Lions Club is encouraging local clubs and businesses to participate and compete in teams of three. The Try a Tri will be followed by a BBQ, music and entertainment long into the summer evening at Una Powell’s Summerhill.
The main attractions of our event are:
- It’s great fun
- Can be enjoyed by all from 8 to 80 years of age
- Great for team-building/bonding
- Wide range of different formats including individual, relay, team, fittest family and under – 18’s
- Children’s fun attractions available afterwards
- Use it to promote your club or business
Free barbeque, music and entertainment afterwards in Nenagh’s famous Una Powell’s pub.
The 2018 Try a Tri is being run in support of Nenagh Olympic A.C. Our sponsors are A Sportsman’s Dream, Nenagh Credit Union, Una Powell’s, Pat Griffin Accounts and Carey Glass.
Our event is also run in conjunction with Tipperary Sports Partnership’s National Bike Week.
Keep up to date with us on Facebook (Try a Tri’ Nenagh) and Twitter @tryatrinenagh)
Nenagh Lions Club is a completely voluntary not for profit organisation and 100% of all funds raised are used to support the local community throughout the year.