Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Mullingar Marathon Mind
Nov 13, '21 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Niall Breslin challenges the nation to join him and four newbie runners as they embark on one of the most testing of all endurance events, a Marathon; 26.2 miles starting in Niall’s hometown of Mullingar.
In March 2021, Niall, alongside a team of passionate professionals, began coaching, training and mentoring four individuals to complete a 26.2 mile marathon in a series called ‘Marathon Mind’, and has been documenting every step, setback and drop of sweat exclusively on Niall’s award-winning Where Is My Mind podcast. The aim of the series has been to train the mind to make the body strong, not the other way around – and to invite listeners to join on their own journey, too.
The culmination of the ‘Marathon Mind’ journey will bring together the four individuals at the centre of the podcast series, each with their own unique challenges in life, to end their journey and complete 26.2 miles of mental, emotional and physical endurance. And Niall, and other podcast listeners who have been following their journey too, will be with them for every step.
After a lengthy selection process with over 800 applicants, the Marathon Mind team of experts selected four individuals with powerful personal stories and who had overcome significant adversity in their lives and were looking for a challenge to focus on.
The individuals at the centre of the Marathon Mind journey and leading out the marathon in November are:
Marion Russell Glengarrif, Co. Cork
Michelle McDonnell Brehony Keash, Co. Sligo
Danny Leahy Cork City, Co. Cork
Phelim Gallagher Dublin/Co. Galway
Over the nine months these four brave souls have been coached by an incredible team of focused and driven individuals which consists of Olympians and world champions.
The ‘Marathon Mind’ expert team consists of:
Chartered Psychologist – Louize Carroll
Mindfulness Coach – Niall Breslin
Olympian, World Champion and Marathon Coach – Rob Heffernan
Olympian, Strength and Conditioning and Physiotherapy Coach – Colin Griffin
Sports Agent and Athlete Liaison – Derry McVeigh
Head of Performance Sport at the Irish Institute of Sport, Dietician – Sharon Madigan
Behavioural Neuroscientist and Chartered Psychologist – Dr. Michael Keane
‘The Marathon’ event itself will take place on Saturday 13th November 2021 and will start and finish at Columb Barracks Mullingar while taking in the Old Rail Trail Greenway, Royal Canal Greenway and the shores of Lough Ennell. Niall and the Marathon Mind team would love others to take on the Marathon challenge too, and people can register for their place in the race from Wednesday 28th July 2021. The link will be shared across Niall’s and the Marathon Mind socials. If people want to come cheer the team on the sidelines, they can follow the journey on the Marathon Mind social media and see the detailed map of the route closer to the date.
Speaking about working with the four participants Niall says, “I am blown away by the commitment of these four incredible individuals to a really tough, sometimes gruelling, regime. They’ve been absolute legends all four of them – facing the toughest mental and physical battles and pushing through – I can’t wait to smash the finish line with them and everyone else who joins us on the day.”
Speaking on partnering with Marathon Mind, Daithi O’Connor Founder and MD of Revive Active said:
“We are delighted to be a part of the very first Marathon Mind in Mullingar. Having opened our Revive Active production plant here just 3 years ago and created local employment we are very much at home in Mullingar. We look forward to welcoming over 1000 athletes to Mullingar and supporting their journey along the way”
Marathon Mind has been an exciting venture for the Where Is My Mind podcast and the series were some of the most-listened to episodes this year. The podcast explores different coping skills for the ever-changing, always-on, head-melty world we’re now living in; from hormones, to politics, to tattooing, to managing rage, to uncovering what goes on in the therapy room. This year, Niall has spoken to some incredible guests, from An Taoiseach Michael Martin, to Mike Ryan (WHO), to global mindfulness guru Dan Harris. The podcast won creative podcast of the year at the British Podcast Awards in July 2020.
Stream the latest episode of Where Is My Mind?
Follow the ‘Marathon Mind’ journey on social media;
Instagram – @marathonmindofficial or @bressie
Facebook – @whereismymindpodcast
Twitter – @nbrez