Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Headford 8k Charity Road Race 2022
Jul 9 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Headford8k Charity Road Race is back on this year after a two-year break for reasons well known to all. The organisers are really looking forward to welcoming athletes of all abilities back to Headford for the race which takes place on Saturday the 9th July. This year will be the 16th running of the event. All the proceeds from the race go to local charities supporting people with intellectual disabilities. The race has raised over €50,000 since it began in 2006 and provides valuable additional funds to support people with disabilities in their own communities such as day services, family support and respite care. The Headford8k Charity Road Race are delighted to be able to give something back to the disability community and support this wonderful service for people with Disabilities and their families.
This year’s race takes place on Saturday 9th July at 7PM. There are race prizes in lots of categories – Junior Male & Female, Senior, Vet 40, Vet 50 and Vet 60. The race is fully insured, accurately measured and chip-timed. It’s open to athletes of all kinds and walkers are welcome. Online registration is now open thanks to njuko CLICK HERE and you can get more information and also enter online at headford8k.com. The price of entry is €25 (incl. all fees) and there’s an early bird discounted entry fee of €20 (incl. all fees) up to the end of May so get your entry in early! Race entry fee includes a technical t-shirt for every entrant.
The base for this years event is at the GAA facilities in the town with parking and changing rooms available, map and more details on headford8k.com. There will be refreshments served after the race in the GAA clubhouse.