Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Galway Clinic Streets of Galway
Aug 11 at 7:00 pm€20
GCH who are one of Ireland’s largest athletics clubs, will host the 33rd edition of the famous Streets of Galway 8K road-race on Saturday 11th August 2018 at 7pm around the city centre and Salthill. This event is the jewel in the crown of road races in the West and is a fixture on the Irish running calendar.
The race route starts at Fr Griffin Road in the city and takes in many of the sights of Galway city. including the Spanish Arch, Eyre Square , the landmark Galway Cathedral and NUI Galway early on in the race. The course then routes out towards Salthill, past Pearse Stadium and then back in on the ‘Prom’ along Galway Bay for the last , fast section into the finish at the historic Claddagh. The event was first staged in 1986 and the ethos from the start to the present day has always been “sport for all”. The race attracts runners of all standards and ages from all over Ireland and abroad – from elite international athletes, to athletics club runners, competitors from other sports and fun-runners, joggers and walkers alike. This year well over 3,000 runners will take part in what is a truly iconic race on the calendar and is one not to be missed. GCH are delighted to have the Galway Clinic as the Streets of Galway 8k race sponsor. The Galway Clinic, is a Galway institution and is a major health provider and employer for the city and county, The Clinic aims to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities it serves, and to promote health and wellbeing across society and a partnership with Galway City Harriers, its running activities, and the Streets is a perfect match. We would like to thank the Galway Clinic for coming on board with GCH in what will be a very exciting partnership.
For more information see www.galwayclinic.com. You can follow us on Facebook again this year at: https://www.facebook.com/StreetsOfGalway and our Twitter handle is @StreetsofGalway We look forward to your company for a great night of sporting endeavour in the city of the tribes. Enter here: https://www.active.com/galway-galway/running/distance-running-clinics/ga…