Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Fat Turkey Run
Dec 27, '18 at 11:00 am - 5:00 pm€24
2018 will be the 9th Fat Turkey Run. All participants are required to enter online. The event sells out every year so please ensure you sign up online.
The Fat Turkey 10km event supports developing rugby in Suttonians Rugby Football Club (established in 1924), with a donation going towards the IRFU Charitable Trust (Irish Rugby Football Union Charitable Trust was formed in 1978 to assist severely injured rugby players in their everyday lives and help to restore their confidence and independence).
The scenic route is a challenging 10km course, commencing at St Fintan’s Church, Sutton, going all the way up Carrickbrack Road, right at the Summit Shop, right again onto Baily Green Road and up to the Summit Car Park (turnaround and aid/water station) and then back down on the same route.
Participant Sign In, race number, timing chip, T-shirt and goodie bags can be collected from 09.30 in Suttonians RFC opposite Sutton Dart Station where parking, changing and shower facilities are available.
Sign In will close at 10.30 followed by a 5-10 mins safety/event briefing. Participants will then take a short walk/jog to St Fintan’s Church car park which is the start location. The finish line will be on the grass verge opposite St Fintans Church. The race will begin at 11am sharp.
On completion of the race, participants will jog/walk through Sutton cross to Suttonians R.F.C (approx 500 yards) where changing facilities and complimentary tea/coffee, biscuits and full bar will be available. Prize giving will take place at the club.
Cost €24 + Reg Fee. A huge thank you to everyone who has supported the event over the last 9/10 years, from sponsors to participants and our team of volunteers. Fag an Bealac