Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Bantry Bay Adventure Race – 25 August 2018
Aug 25, '18 at 8:00 am - 2:30 pm€55
Tackle West Cork’s terrain this August at the Bantry Bay Adventure Race
The event, on Saturday 25th August 2018, begins with a 5k run on Whiddy Island. Then you’ll kayak back across Bantry (1500m approx.), and cycle out onto the Sheep’s Head peninsula (22.8k approx.) before returning to a hero’s welcome in the bustling harbour town of Bantry.
Test yourself against West Cork’s landscapes and this world-famous bay as an individual participant, or join with friends to form a relay team. This is an exciting challenge for anyone who wants to get active on Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. The double kayak section of the course means that this is a test of teamwork as well as of individual ability.
The Adventure Race makes the most of the Bantry Bay Blueway route and the Sheep’s Head’s walking and cycling trails. BBAR 2018 is an amazing opportunity for you to experience some of the most scenic places in West Cork. Don’t miss out on the limited places on offer!
Solo competitors can choose between 8.20am and 9.20am start waves. All relay teams must start at 8.20am.
Bantry Bay Adventure Race is a unique challenge and a great way of raising funds for three important local organisations: CoAction, Bantry Inshore Rescue Association, and Whiddy Island Development Association.
If you have any queries about the Bantry Bay Adventure Race, contact us [email protected]
Telephone: 086 303 0991