Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
40th Anniversary Simon Home Run – Pheonix Park
Oct 7 at 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dublin Simon Home Run:
40 Years of Movement
We are calling on as many people as possible to join the movement by walking, jogging, running or rolling in the Phoenix Park (Papal Cross) at 9.30am on Saturday October 7th, to show solidarity with the record-breaking number of people experiencing homelessness today.
For 40 years, the Dublin Simon Home Run has been pivotal in raising funds to provide emergency response, wraparound supports and forever homes to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Dublin and the surrounding counties, supporting 1,522 adults and children to move out of homelessness and providing forever homes for 857 people in 2021.
The Dublin Simon Home Run began as a 5-mile route, which has remained the same over the last 40 years and today amounts to approximately eight kilometers. While we hope this unique route length will be attractive to runners and joggers eager to test their limits, we would like to emphasise the event as a movement open to people of all abilities. At the start line, participants can choose to follow signs for “runners”, “joggers” or “walkers”. Previous years have seen schools, walking clubs, parents with buggies, wheelchair users, elite runners, active retirement groups, corporate teams and many more all take part.
Family members and friends can cheer participants on from the sidelines, or meet them afterwards in the Dublin Simon tented village, which will feature food trucks, children’s entertainment and live music.
Registration is now live and costs €15 as part of the earlybird offer until August 31st and €20 thereafter. Participants will also have the option upon registering to purchase the limited edition 40th Anniversary Dublin Simon Home Run t-shirt for an additional €15 or pay €5 for a lucky dip of past Home Run t-shirts.
All funds raised by the Dublin Simon Home Run will support our life-saving services which help vulnerable people in our community to close the door on homelessness for good.