Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don't have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don't forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
- This event has passed.
May 27, '18 at 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Spartan volunteers work in a variety of roles from in and around festival at registration, bag drop to our on course on kids or main course watching obstacles encouraging racers and ensuring everyone is safely going around course. A variety of shifts are available and food and refreshment are provided.
Volunteering Roles & Description:
- Course Marshal: Located on the course at an obstacle you will be providing plenty of encouragement for all participants as they run, crawl, climb and throw their way to victory! Don’t forget the most important rule… Failure = 30 Burpees.
- Registration: Welcome and register all race participants for the day. Computer training is provided.
- Bag Drop: Our manned locker service for racers to safely store their belongings while they race.
- Finish Line: Welcome the victorious racers back with big smiles and high praises for their efforts! Make sure that every racer receives a well-deserved medal, finisher T-shirt, water, and snacks.
- Junior Race: Be involved with the juniors aged 4-13 years old as they compete for glory as well! Position available on Sprint and Super events – there is no Spartan Junior Race on Beast events.
- Festival: Keeping the Festival area a safe and tidy environment for everyone to enjoy and assisting with the car parking area management and organisation.
Volunteer Perks 2018:
- AM or PM Shift
- Free FastPass (free parking, free bag drop, and 10% merchandise discount)
- Free volunteer t-shirt
- Free venue t-shirt
- Free food bag
- Free camping
- Free race pass (valid for a calendar year or any single 2018 UK Spartan Sprint, Super or Beast Open Heat)
Full Day (AM) Shift Bonus Perks:
Volunteers for the Full Day shift would be entitled to the perks stated above along with:
- Free KitBrix
- Free volunteer hoodie
- Free volunteer patch
PM Shift Bonus Perks:
Volunteers for the PM shift would be entitled to the perks stated above along with an additional free beanie
Full day shift volunteers for the Beast race also get a DryRobe
The ‘Bring A Buddy’ Campaign:
- Bring 1 buddy and get 20% off (one time use only) for on-site merch
- Bring 2 buddies and get a free volunteer vest
- Bring 3+ buddies and get 25% off (one time use only) for on-site merch
Volunteers need to email [email protected] including names and email addresses of buddies to reclaim on-site.