Making The Most of Your Race Listing on RunIreland.com
Listing your event on RunIreland.com has many benefits including exposure to a wide range of engaged followers and fans of running, jogging, adventure racing, triathletes and obstacle course enthusiasts.
To make the most of your listing we suggest you include as much information as possible within each section of the submission form below. Within the event description section be sure to include as much information as possible so people can make an informed decision about your event.
- Who is hosting / organising the event, who will the event benefit?
- What does the event entail, is it suitable for walkers, joggers, experienced athletes and participants, is there a fun or kids element to it?
- When does it take place, what time is registration/ packet pick up on race day,
- Where does it take place, is the course flat, fast, hilly, off-road, coastal, undulating or has it PB potential?
- How can people register? Include a booking link to your online registration platform, if you don’t have this sorted yet be sure to tick the njuko box below to hear from our partners njuko.com. There are a wide range of benefits for you and your event participants if you partner with njuko for event booking, including a number of exclusive advertising rewards on Runireland.com.
- Include FAQ information such as; chip timing post-race refreshment options, goodie bag or t-shirt details, directions to the event, event parking, prize categories and prizes.
- Don’t forget to include an image for your event listing and be sure to check your spelling and punctuation in your event description.
- Remember you can edit the information on your listing at any time, if you have any queries or would like information on advertising your event on the site please email [email protected].
Knocknarea 8 Mile Loop
Aug 11 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm€20
The 8th Annual Knocknarea 8 Mile Loop Run and Walk takes place on Sunday the 11th of August in Strandhill, Co. Sligo. Walk kicks off at 10.00am followed at 10.30am by the run. Register online at strandceltic.com. Entry fees are €20 for the run and €10 for the walk.The Knocknarea 8 Mile Loop is sponsored once again by TEGRE sliding wardrobes. Chip timing for the run is provided by Core Timing.
The run and walk are open to people of all abilities. The course is essentially an 8 mile loop around the picturesque Knocknarea Mountain starting and finishing in Strandhill. There will be two water stations on the course as well as mile markers to allow contestants to keep track of their progress. Race and walk promise to be a fun event but route includes challenges for both the novice and experienced runner as the course includes two category 5 climbs, the first of these being the Glen Road. The run has proved to be and ideal warm up for the Warriors Run for many runners over the last few years.
There are prizes for all categories and refreshments with be served in the Strand Celtic Clubhouse afterwards. There is a special prize if either of our male or female winners can set a new course record.
The run is being held as a fundraiser for Strand Celtic FC.