This week TriAthy announced on their website the event planned for September 4/5 would not go ahead.
The website read:
RACE POSTPONEMENT CONFIRMATION:
26 August 2021
We regret to announce that TriAthy can not proceed as planned on 4/5 September next and must be postponed.
Triathlon Ireland Statement:
”Triathlon Ireland is extremely disappointed that TriAthy is not proceeding and that the race’s entrants will not get to participate in what would have been a safe and socially distanced sporting experience. TriAthy underwent our full sanctioning process and was in compliance with all our standards and procedures, including all COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations as set out by Triathlon Ireland, Sport Ireland, and Government.”
TriAthy Team Statement:
On Tuesday 24th August, it was confirmed that a Road Closure would not be forthcoming. After months of intensive preparation and collaboration with stakeholders, this eleventh hour decision was unexpected.
Despite our continued representations and reassurances, the event can not go ahead.
We wish to assure our participants that the TriAthy 2021 Race Plan is fully compliant with all governmental guidelines and regulations. It is endorsed and sanctioned by the governing bodies, Sport Ireland and Triathlon Ireland. We did our utmost to bring the race to you but unfortunately our hands are tied.
Race entries will automatically carry forward to our new date of 4/5 June 2022. We will email all participants shortly regarding your options if you are unable to make this date.
Please bear with us as we get through this administration.
Yours In Sport – The TriAthy Team