Run for your life! 10K charity run and walk on beautiful Clare Island, Co Mayo. Entry fee of €35 includes return boat journey to Clare Island. All proceeds from the event are going to Cancer Care West, the West of Ireland Cancer Charity.
Clare Island 10K – Update!
Ferries will depart from Roonagh Pier at 10.30, 11 and 11.30. Please try and arrive at Roonagh Pier in time to get one of the earlier ferries if possible, this will facilitate the race starting on time. Ferries return from Clare Island at 2.30, 3.00, 4.00 and 5.00. The boat journey takes about 20 minutes. Please bring your email confirmation from Run Ireland or Cancer Care West for entry to the ferry.
Directions to Roonagh Pier: From Westport, take the coast road to Louisburgh (10 miles), drive straight through Louisburgh and about a quarter of a mile after the village, take a right turn to Roonagh (signposted). It is a further 4 miles to the pier.
· Race Registration is from 11am – 12.30pm in the Community Centre (a 3 minute walk from the pier). During registration you can pick up your race number, pins and refreshment voucher. Please wear your race number on the FRONT.
· The race starts and finishes close to the Community Centre – start point will be clearly signed. The route has been measured and there are 1K markers on the road.
· There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female – under 40 and over 40
· All finishers will receive a medal
· The Community Centre has male and female toilets and showers
· There will be open plan changing areas and a secure baggage area
· Water will be available along the route
· There will be light refreshments and tea/coffee in the community centre after the race
If you have any sponsorship cards and funds or would like to make a donation, we will have Cancer Care West staff available to receive this from you.
Thank you for your support for Cancer Care West.