Would you like to challenge youself? Are you interested in taking part in a fun day out? Well the Pilots Township Run could be just the event for you. Organized by our very own Aer Lingus pilots.
There is no entry involved but each runner will need to raise a minimum of €100 to run in the race. All money raised will go towards the Niall Mellon Township Trust.
Runners who are going on our Building Blitz can use their money raised to go towards their own fundraising efforts.
Once you have registered for the event you will receive a confirmation via email along with a fundraising pack including a sponsorship card and posters.
SUMMARY OF RUN
The proposed route per day is as follows:
Day 1 Giants Causeway – Belfast (Six Legs)
Day 2 Belfast – Lisburn – Newry – Dundalk (Seven Legs)
Day 3 Dundalk – Drogheda – Dublin – Blessington (Seven Legs)
Day 4 Blessington – Carlow – Kilkenny (Seven Legs)
Day 5 Kilkenny – Clonmel – Fermoy (Six Legs)
Day 6 Fermoy – Cork – Clonakilty (Seven Legs)
Day 7 Clonakilty – Mizen Head (Five Legs)
Each leg will be assigned a number of runners so each runner will only be doing a ten mile leg. Runners can select any of the legs on the route. There will be total of 45 legs to be completed over the course of the run.
We would ask all involved, especially those near to the route, to participate in this event, either through putting on their runners and doing a ten mile leg, or by organising local fundraising as the run goes through your local area.
Please read each day overview before filling out the registration form so you know which leg you wish to run.
Route maps available https://www.irishtownship.com/pilotstownshiprun.htm
Day 1 Overview.
Day 1 consists of 70 miles starting in the Giant’s Causeway and routing towards Ballymena and Ballyclare, going through Belfast to finish in Lisburn.
1. Giant’s Causeway towards Armoy
2. Armoy towards Clough Mills
3. Through Clough Mills to Clogh on the B94
4. Clogh through Broughshane on the B9
5. B94 through Ballyclare to the Belfast Road
6. Ballyclare to the Shore road and into Belfast city center, finishing at Oxford Station.
Day 2 Overview.
Day 2 consists of 70 miles and runs from Belfast city, to Lisburn, Ballynahinch and Rathfriland, before going through Newry and the Cooley peninsula, finishing south of Dundalk.
1.Belfast to Lisburn
2.Lisburn to Ballynahinch on the A9
3.Ballynahinch to Dromara
4.Dromara to Rathfriland
5.Rathfriland to Newry via Mayobridge
6.Newry to Omeath into the Cooley mountains
7.The Cooley peninsula via Dundalk to Blackrock, Co. Louth
Day 3 Overview.
Day 3 consists of 70 miles and runs from just south of Dundalk, via Castlebellingham and Drogheda into Dublin city, terminating near Blessington.
1. Blackrock Co. Louth to Annagassan
2. Annagassan towards Drogheda
3. Drogheda to Bellewstown
4. Bellewstown via Clonalvey to Oldtown, Dublin
5. Oldtown to St. Margarets, Dublin airport
6. St. Margarets via Glasnevin to Dublin City
7.City centre via Tallaght to Brittas
Day 4 Overview.
Day 4 consists of 70 miles and runs from Brittas, south of Dublin via Blessington and carlow and finished in the centre of Kilkenny.
1. Brittas via Blessington to Ballymore Eustace
2. Ballymore Eustace towards Donard
3. Donard via Castleruddery to Baltinglass
4. Baltinglass via Palatine to Carlow
5. Through Carlow and along the river Barrow
6. Over the hills towards Kilkenny
7. Into Kilkenny City to Finish at Kilkenny Castle
Day 5 Overview.
Day 5 consists of 60 miles and runs from Kilkenny through Caher to finish in Lismore, north of Cork.
1. Kilkenny to Kilmanagh
2. Kilmangan towards Drangan over Kings River
3. Kings River (R690) via Drangan to Fethard
4. Fethard to Caher
5. Caher to Clogheen
6. Over the hills from Clogheen to Lismore
Day 6 Overview.
Day 6 consists of 70 miles from Lismore via Cork City Centre to Enniskean outside Bandon.
1. Through the mountains and Lismore
2. North Cork through Conna and Ballynoe
3. Ballynoe to Lisgoold
4. Lisgoold to north of Glanmire
5. Glanmire through Cork City Centre towards Cross Barry
6. Cross Barry to north of Bandon
7. North of Bandon to Enniskean
Day 7 Overview.
Day 7 consists of 50 miles and runs from Enniskean via Dunmanway and Durras to Mizen Head.
1. Enniskean to Dunmanway
2. Dunmanway to Dromore
3. Dromore to Durras
4. Durras to Toormore
5. Toormore via Goleen to Mizen Head!!
ONLINE REGISTER NOW >>
Facebook Niall Mellon Township Trust
T +353 1 494 8200 F +353 1 494 8250
E [email protected]
Taylors Three Rock, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, Ireland.
Charity Reg. No: CHY 16238