2007 Marathon Day is Sunday 26th August 2007.
We expect runners to be arriving in Longford on the Friday and Saturday before the event.
• Full Marathon 26 miles 385 yards
• Half Marathon 13 miles 192.5 yards
• For all entries received before 1st August 2007.
|Full Marathon||€ 40.00|
|Half Marathon||€ 35.00|
• For entries received after 1st August 2007 and before 25th August the fees are
|Full Marathon||€ 50.00|
|Half Marathon||€ 40.00|
For entries received on 26th August 2007 on the morning of the race the fees are
|Full Marathon||€ 70.00|
|Half Marathon||€ 70.00|
• We kick off the Marathon weekend at St. Christophers at Battery Road, Longford, with a 3 mile breakfast run around Longford Town. This run is open to all entrants in the marathon, and breakfast will be served after the run back at St. Christophers.
• All runners can collect their numbers on Saturday from 1.00pm to 8.00pm at St. Mels College in Longford. We will have signs up around the town directing you to the correct location. New entries will also be accepted at St. Mels College on Saturday.
• At 6.00pm on Saturday evening there will be a pasta party at St. Mels College in Longford.
• Registration for the marathon and half-marathon will open at 7.30am at St. Mels College in Longford.
• The marathon will start and finish on Ballymahon Street, near the market square on Sunday morning.
• Shower and changing facilities before the marathon will be available at St. Mels College in Longford, about 3-5 minutes walk from the starting point.
• First off will be the walkers in the full marathon who will set off at 8.30am.
• The wheelchair participants will start at 10.15am from the same location.
• The runners in the full marathon and the walkers and runners in the half-marathon will start at 10.30am on Sunday morning.
• The course will be well marked and each mile will be posted. Regular Water stations, every 3 miles, will be available along the way. We have some very ambitious predicted times from some of our entrants, and if these hold true, then we should see our leading marathon runners coming back into town shortly after 1.00pm. We would hope that everybody will be home and finished by approximately 4.00pm on Sunday afternoon.
• Shower and changing facilities after the marathon will again be available at St. Mels College in Longford, about 3-5 minutes walk from the finish point.
• Presentations and prizegiving will take place at 4.30pm on Sunday afternoon, near the finish point of the marathon.
• Hopefully the weather on the day will be good (but not too good!) and spectators will be able to come out and cheer the runners on. We hope to have entertainment courtesy of local musicians on the day to entertain runners and spectators alike.
Following the success of last years event with over 700 runners participating, we are expecting many of last years runners to return and hopefully, as the word has spread of the great day last year, we will have many new participants on the day.