from the AAI Please note that this course is now full. No further applications will be accepted for this course.
A Level 2 Coaching course will take place in Athlone IT on 12th & 13th February and 26th & 27th March 2011.
Athletics Ireland is now inviting applications for this course. Applicants most hold a Level 1 coaching qualification and must be coaching for 1 year since completing the Level 1 course.
This course is aimed at the ‘Learning to Train’ and transition to ‘Training to Compete’ phase of the LTAD. At this level the coach specialises in two event groups and must choose from jumps, throws, sprints and endurance. Generally sprints and throws are covered in weekend 1 and endurance and jumps are covered in weekend 2, but this may vary depending on tutor availability. Coaches must attend all dates and choose an event group each weekend.
Content for this course includes;
• Developing an awareness of tactics and their application in athletics
• Event specific information, technical, tactical, psychological and physiological.
• The use of sports science in effective coaching.
• An introduction to all the events in the module groups the coach chooses.
• Technique and training progressions.
• Developing coaching skills.
• Developing event awareness and the competitive process.
• Developing mental preparation and skills.
• The coach will qualify in two of the 4 modules – speed (including hurdles), endurance (including walks), throws, jumps.
Saturday 12th February
Sunday 13th February
Saturday 26th March
Sunday 27th March
Athlone IT. Register at Sports Hall.
9:30am to 5:30pm each day
Level 2 is open to those who have completed Level 1 and have a minimum of 1 years coaching experience
• Practical Assessment involving coaching at Regional Development Squad, or similar
• Written assessment involving home study
Cost is €120. Cost includes the book “The Fundamentals of Track and Field” by Gerry Carr.
To apply download course application form here and return with payment as per instructions on the form.
For further information contact Paul McNamara, [email protected], 0872693675